The 2014 World Dance Alliance Global Summit is now open for submissions for Conference presentations, Showcase and Workshop proposals.
6–11 July 2014 – Angers – France
Contemporising the past: Envisaging the future
World Dance Alliance (WDA) is pleased to announce the 2014 Global Summit hosted by, and in partnership with, the Centre National de Danse Contemporaine (CNDC) in Angers in the beautiful Loire Valley region of France.
The week-long Summit will comprise six key elements, all of which embrace the theme Contemporising the past: Envisaging the future:
- International conference of scholarly papers, panel discussions, performative presentations by artists and practitioners, and poster presentations by emerging scholars and postgraduate students. Refereed on-line proceedings will be published after the Summit.
- Daily sunset showcase performances of short works by independent artists and tertiary dance students.
- International workshops catering for professional dance artists working in performance as well as education, community, youth and special interest areas.
- Choreolab for emerging and mid-career choreographers to work intensively for one week under the mentorship of CNDC Director Robert Swinston resulting in a public showing of works in progress.
- Evening performances by local and visiting companies.
- WDA Global Assembly and Network Meetings – your opportunity to get involved and shape the future of WDA.
The main site for these dance explorations is the impressive contemporary Quai Forum des Arts Vivants theatre complex, situated on the banks of La Maine river and looking out on to the 13th Century fortress that houses the extraordinary Tapestry of the Apocalypse – an artistic endeavour that continues to enchant, intrigue and astonish. This juxtaposition of old and new culture is a fitting metaphor for our investigations into how we are shaping dance now and into the future.