WDA GLOBAL SUMMIT PRESENTATION GUIDELINES
We invite all presenters to familiarise themselves with guidelines for the type of presentation event they are conducting at the 2014 World Dance Alliance Global Summit (WDAGS) in Angers, France. These guidelines, as part of the agreement with CNDC and the University of Angers, were developed so that all presenters have a fair and equal share in the facilities and time provided for each program in the Global Summit. It is the presenters’ responsibility to familiarise themselves with this information and adhere to the strict times allocated to each presentation.
Please note that all venues are non-smoking. It is forbidden to smoke (tobacco and electronic cigarettes) on the CNDC or University of Angers premises in conformity with French law. It is also forbidden to bring food and drink (with the exception of water) into the lecture theatres, seminar rooms or studios.
WDA Global Summit participants are required to respect the safety instructions issued by relevant staff of the university or CNDC.
WDA, CNDC, University of Angers and their representatives are not liable for any loss or damage to personal items at any of the venues or accommodation.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the general guidelines, please contact Cheryl Stock or Marion Brazier
Please check the website regularly for additional information and updates as they become available.
- All classes are 90 minutes long and due to the tight schedule classes cannot go overtime.
- The presence of the participant in the studio is required before the beginning of the class. Latecomers will not be permitted.
- Each studio is 12 x 12 meters and has oak flooring with simple joists.
- The only footwear permitted in the studios are ballet shoes, soft soled non-marking dance shoes or socks. It is the teacher’s responsibility to ensure that participants adhere to this requirement.
- All studios have a sound system, which can play CDs and which is equipped with an iPod/MP3 plug (mini jack 3.5).
- One projector will be available if required for the purposes of teaching the class but no screen can be provided. Only wall projection will be available.
- All music or accompaniment must be provided by the teacher.
- Where required, the teacher agrees to hold appropriate music licences.
- Only water is allowed in studios and must be in a container with a sealable lid.
- Specialised equipment (mats, physio balls, etc.) are to be provided by the teacher.
- Yoga mats (approx. 30 pieces available) will be provided by CNDC.
- It is forbidden to place scotch tape or any product on the dance mats or the floorings of the studios. As part of the use of the studios, all technical queries must be addressed to François Le Maguer, technical director.
- It is mandatory to make sure lights and sound systems are switched off and all doors and windows closed at the end of each class. Participants must remove all belongings (clothes, water bottles, bags etc) immediately when the class is finished.